Gamified cybersecurity e-Learning web platform for Fortune 500 Enterprises
The platform offers immersive cyber security training through an ‘escape room’ experience.
December 2019 – March 2023
Austin, TX, USA
Living Security offers immersive cyber security training through an ‘escape room’ experience. 🏃
The company’s main goals are to reduce cyber risk through impactful, human-focused experiences and form a cybersecurity awareness foundation in users.
The WSU team helped to digitize existing security awareness training and developed the first 100% remote, cyber security human risk management platform. We made it available for 1000+ organizations around the world, to help them train employees on good cyber habits and secure hygiene.
“WeSoftYou has worked diligently to understand our goals“
“I’ve managed a number of outsourcing relationships in my career, and they’ve really stood out to me. WeSoftYou has worked diligently to understand our goals.
Based on this understanding, they’ve morphed their practices to fit our needs. WSY team work has directly contributed to our revenue growth. We’ve grown our company by about 300% over the past 18 months, which we wouldn’t have been able to do without their support.
Their team has delivered an average of 4.1 weekly commits, which outpaces the industry average of 3.5. Additionally, they’ve helped us increase our code coverage from 20% to 50%.
On an organizational level and an employee-specific level, their responsiveness is unmatched within their industry. They can quickly find both potential problems and legitimate solutions.“
of employees preferred Living Security over their prior cybersecurity training
users are currently enrolled in Living Security program
would recommend Living Security training to a friend or colleague
users joined Living Security programs on the first day
feel more confident in recognizing and reacting to cybersecurity threats after Living Security training
Series B Funding
was collected thanks to high product quality and user recognition
Project goals ⚡️
Digitalize LS product
Automate assessment of training impact
Gather advanced analytics
Increase of stability and usability of the products
Create a custom gameplay processs
Scalability of the products and dealing with a big user amount
Import and export of massive scope of data
Sync work of 3rd party services (Twilio, firebase) and gameplay (video conf part of the product)
Tuning the process from start-up to enterprise development
The process 🚧
Implementation of test automation has reduced the time between releases from 1 month to 1 week.
Now the project no more needs manual testing during a week and always has a fast, wide, and actual quality report right after every code commit.
Using integration with a CI/CD server every team member can trigger tests with a custom configuration and check whatever they need on-demand.
Every automation test run generates a detailed test report with all artifacts like screenshots and video records.
Collecting all product artefacts like requirements, documentation etc.
Analysing collected data, composing questions, proposals and clarify all misunderstanding points.
Defining most valuable functionality and prioritising it.
Starting to create test documentation (checklists, test cases) from most priority scenarios
Prepare tech stack and create test automation framework
Starting to cover most priority cases for the first.
Setting up CI/CD server and Integration test framework with it for the following tests launching
Team composition 👨💻
7 Front-end Developers
6 Back-end Developers
3 QA Engineers
2 AQA Engineers
1 Tech Lead
1 Project Manager
1 Operations Manager
Technology stack ⚙️
Back-end:: Django, Postgres, Celery, Redis
Front-end:: ReactJs, Redux, Typescript, Jest, Enzyme, styled-components, Material-UI
Integrations:: Auth0, Contentful, Firebase/Firestore, Twilio
Core features 💻
LS Admin Panel
- View, add manage companies information including company name, points of contact, licenses, program start date and end dates
- Manage admin settings
- Create and modify storylines
- Search by sessions by storyline, company and admin users
Company Admin Panel
- View company information
- Create and manage campaigns based on selected storylines
- Schedule single or multiple game sessions that can be repeated on a daily or monthly basis
- Specify sessions the date, time, time zone and the maximum number of participants
- View all upcoming sessions in a calendar
- Manage users and invite new participants with a single click
- Create and manage leaderboards with gamers ranking within one or more campaigns
- Group teams by department, location, or mix for increased employee interaction
- Give prizes to top performing teams for users motivation
- Identify security risks with comprehensive analytics
- View and customize session reports and visualize them with snapshot
- Download reports in xls format to share with colleagues and manage data
- Automatically generate an recommendation list for risk mitigation
- Track ROI and security level of your organization
- Learn about cybersecurity best practices through effective games based on strong identifiable storylines
- Interact with other users with video, audio and chat communication channels
- Become a leader of the group, win awards, and place your name on the leaderboard